This is an automated email from the ASF dual-hosted git repository.
thw pushed a commit to branch master
in repository https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/apex-site.git
The following commit(s) were added to refs/heads/master by this push:
new 84d94a8 Update docs page.
84d94a8 is described below
Author: Thomas Weise <[hidden email]>
AuthorDate: Sat Apr 28 19:26:31 2018 -0700
Update docs page.
src/md/docs.md | 6 +++---
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
diff --git a/src/md/docs.md b/src/md/docs.md
index 9da0a2c..f802028 100644
@@ -8,19 +8,19 @@
- <a href="http://docs.datatorrent.com/beginner/" rel="nofollow">Beginner's Guide to Apache Apex</a> This document provides a comprehensive overview of Apex and is recommended for developers just starting out with Apex.
- [Building Your First Apache Apex Application](https://youtu.be/LwRWBudOjg4) This video has a hands-on demonstration of how to check out the source code repositories and build them, then run the maven archetype command to generate a new Apache Apex project, populate the project with Java source files for a new application, and finally, build and run the application -- all on a virtual machine running Linux with Apache Hadoop installed.
+- <a href="https://www.amazon.com/Learning-Apache-Apex-Real-time-applications-ebook/dp/B072LX18W5" rel="nofollow">Learning Apache Apex Book</a> and related blog <a href="https://medium.com/@PacktExprtNtwrk/apache-apex-in-a-nutshell-c4d5be3d5d83" rel="nofollow">Apache Apex in a Nutshell</a> An instructional and example driven guide on how to build Apex applications for developers and hands-on enterprise architects. It will help identify use cases, the building blocks for solutions and the [...]
- [Writing an Apache Apex application](http://files.meetup.com/18978602/University%20program%20-%20Writing%20an%20Apache%20Apex%20application.pdf) A PDF document that frames a hands-on exercise of building a basic application; also includes a diagram illustrating the life-cycle of operators.
+- [Examples](https://github.com/apache/apex-malhar/tree/master/examples) This is part of the source repository for Apache Apex Malhar and contains a number of readily runnable applications that developers will find especially useful. They include the important IO connectors as well as typical processing patterns like a Twitter stream analyzer, computation of statistics (such as moving averages) from a live stream of stock transactions from *Yahoo! Finance*; and one that analyzes a synthe [...]
- <a href="http://docs.datatorrent.com/tutorials/topnwords/" rel="nofollow">Top N Words Application Tutorial</a> This document provides a detailed step-by-step description of how to build and run a
word counting application with Apache Apex starting with setting up your development environment, progressing to building, running and monitoring the application, visualizing the output and concluding with some advanced features such as assessing operator memory requirements, partitioning, and debugging.
- <a href="http://docs.datatorrent.com/tutorials/salesdimensions/" rel="nofollow">Sales Dimensions Application Tutorial</a> Similar to the Top N Words application but covers
dimensional computations on a simulated sales data stream.
-- <a href="https://github.com/DataTorrent/examples" rel="nofollow">Example Applications</a> Sample code for specialized tutorials covering a variety of topics such as large key-value state management (HDHT), custom partitioning using stream codecs, etc.
-- [Malhar Examples](https://github.com/apache/apex-malhar/tree/master/examples) This is part of the source repository for Apache Apex Malhar and contains a number of more substantial sample applications that developers will find especially useful. They include an application that computes some statistics (such as moving averages) from a live stream of stock transactions from *Yahoo! Finance*; one that analyzes a synthetic stream of eruption event data for the *Old Faithful* geyser; a Tw [...]
+- <a href="https://github.com/DataTorrent/examples" rel="nofollow">More Example Applications</a> Sample code for more IO connectors and specialized tutorials covering a variety of topics such as large key-value state management (HDHT), custom partitioning using stream codecs, etc.
- [Slideshare/ApacheApex](http://www.slideshare.net/ApacheApex/presentations) Presentations from past meetup events and other talks covering Apache Apex introduction, feature deep dive, integration, customer use cases and more.
- [Next Gen Decision Making in < 2ms](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98EW5NGM3u0) A video discussing CapitalOne's experience with Apache Apex and evaluation of competing technologies along with the [slides](http://www.slideshare.net/ApacheApex/capital-ones-next-generation-decision-in-less-than-2-ms).
-- [Introducing Apache Apex](https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/13685/190407) A webinar that begins with the historical context for the rise of Hadoop and Big Data, discusses why the promise of Hadoop remains largely unfulfilled and why moving beyond Map-Reduce model is essential and why operability is critically important. It continues with a discussion of the programming model, the various components of a running application on a YARN cluster and the large library of operators and conne [...]
- [Stream Processing with Apache Apex (video)](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DVMSRTNdIQ) and [(slides)](http://www.slideshare.net/ApacheApex/hadoop-summit-sj-2016-next-gen-big-data-analytics-with-apache-apex) A broad overview slide deck covering topics such as windowing, static and dynamic partitioning, unification, fault tolerance, locality, monitoring, etc.
- [Fault Tolerance and Processing Semantics (video)](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCMY6Ii89Nw) and [(slides)](http://www.slideshare.net/ApacheApexOrganizer/webinar-fault-toleranceandprocessingsemantics) A webinar covering core Apache Apex features including checkpointing and fault tolerance with fast, incremental recovery via a buffer server which uses a publish-subscribe model for inter-operator data transport. A variety of failure scenarios and processing guarantees are discussed.
- [Smart Partitioning with Apache Apex (video)](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJWMajIjGG0) and [(slides)](http://www.slideshare.net/ApacheApex/smart-partitioning-with-apache-apex-webinar) Webinar covering partitioning, including unique Apex features such as elasticity with dynamic resource allocation, parallel partitions for speculative execution and processing SLA etc.
To stop receiving notification emails like this one, please contact
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|